In a city known for its historic downtown, beautiful beaches, and unparalleled lifestyle, Charleston locals know that our food scene tops them all. With roots in French and African culture to traditional favorites cooked up right here in the Holy City, each meal has a story and you can become a part of that story at the 12th Annual Charleston Wine + Food Festival.
For five days, culinary elites from around the world flock to Charleston to be part of the stories being told through food and wine. With events ranging from Whole Hog Pig Pickin’ to fine dining in the penthouses of Charleston, this is one the city’s shining moments and leaves you stuffed counting down the days until next year’s event. While it’s impossible to get to every event, we encourage you to try. Here are the Prestige team’s top picks for this year’s event*:
- Thursday, March 2nd, Commodores and Admirals: This event takes place in the city’s newest music lounge and features Chef Eric Warnstedt of Hen of the Wood in Vermont. The night is sure to deliver killer cuisine and Charleston’s finest dance moves all with “a touch of class.”
- Thursday, March 2nd, SFA Dockside Dinner: The Southern Foodway Alliance brings to life food culture around the South. Hosted at Boone Hall’s Cotton Dock, this dinner will be dripping with southern charm and recipes that will leave you longing for more soul food.
- Friday, March 3rd, Le Farfalle Signature Dinner: Chef Michael Toscano left his critically acclaimed NYC restaurants for life in the low country. At his signature dinner, you will experience Toscano, Top Chef alum, Dale Talde and New York Times food and wine critic, Eric Asimov. It is sure to deliver.
- Saturday, March 4th, Daniel Boulud Legacy Dinner: World-renowned chef, Daniel Boulud isn’t a stranger to Charleston. Every so often he pops into town to visit some of his favorite spots. To highlight this year’s festival, Boulud is featured in Wine + Food’s most private, fine dining experience located at the penthouse of the People’s Building off Broad Street. Charleston’s finest food ambassador, Mickey Bakst will host this event benefitting Teach the Need.
- Sunday, March 5th, Culinary Village: The Culinary Village is the meat and potatoes of Wine+ Food Festival. While the event runs throughout the festival, tickets are still available for Sunday which features hundreds of the best winemakers, chefs and culinary artisans from around the world.
*Some of the best Wine + Food Events are not listed. We recommend following participating chefs on facebook and twitter for “surprise” events around the city.
If you are in town for this year’s event, be sure to let us know. We would love to show you some of our favorite culinary spots around town.